DRAWING ACTIVITY FOR KIDS IN KEITH HARING'S STYLE
EDUCATIONAL DRAWING ACTIVITY SHEETS FOR KIDS TO AWAKEN THEIR EMOTIONS
We offer adapted tools and drawing activity sheets for kids to inspire endless creative possibilities for budding artists. Discover below our 4-step guide and the tools to draw with pastels in Keith Haring’s style.
Keith Haring was an American painter, designer and sculptor known all over the world. His ideas were all about equality, inclusion and the environment. He became famous in New York for his drawings on the streets and subways, where everyone could see them. At the time this was very different, other artists only exhibited in museums and galleries, which were less accessible.
AN ICONIC STYLE
Have you ever seen colourful or black and white drawings of little people before? Have you ever seen drawings or graffitis in your city or town? We call this type of art Street or Pop Art. It was Keith Haring's speciality. Let’s learn how to draw in Keith Haring's style in our dowloadable activity sheet below.
LIST OF MATERIALS
DRAWING ACTIVITY IN KEITH HARING'S STYLE
Find all the steps and materials you need in our drawing activity sheet for kids. Download it below.
- With your scissors, cut out the body parts of your puppet.
- Assemble your puppet by connecting each body part with split pins.
- Place your puppets arms and legs in a dancing pose. Try naming each body part with your mum or dad.
- Take your sketchbook and place your puppet in the position you want on a sheet. Trace the outline of your puppet with a pencil.
- Colour your puppet with your Oil Pastels and Twistable Crayons. Add lines around the puppet to show movement. You can create different characters and draw them dancing together. Add your own doodles to the scene. Why not add a heart, a flower or even add some words?
DISCOVER OUR NEW TWISTABLE CRAYONS
Our new Twistable wax crayons with retractable tip easy and fun to use. Just twist the case to extend the crayon. It's the ideal drawing tool for keeping fingers clean and avoiding any breaks to the crayon. No more need for sharpeners!
LEARNING THROUGH ART
ARTISTIC EXPLORATION 18M+
A collection of products designed specifically for the early-learning years, to enable young artists to safely embark on a journey of creative discovery.
INTRODUCTION TO ART 3+
Real tools designed for children to create their first pieces of artwork. Easily portable for use at home or school.
ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT 6+
Products designed to open up new artistic avenues for curious artists.
ARTISTIC EDUCATION 10+
A range of products designed for older children. More technical and educational, these superior-quality products enable kids to let their imaginations run wild.
CREATIVE FAMILY TIME
Art is a great early learning activity. Lefranc Bourgeois has created a range of guides specifically for budding young artists.
FIND OUR PRODUCTS
Use our store locator to find your nearest stockist.